Friday, April 2, 2010

New Skills

As an avid fan (and by avid, I really mean addicted) of the DIY Network, I am frequently watching people tackle their own home improvement projects. Well, I decided enough was enough and that I could totally do what they were doing on TV. Retiling the backsplash was my goal. Here is the before (we normally have a microwave, I took it down before demo began) . . .
Here is the during, after removing the old tiles that had apparently been glued on and ripped off the drywall paper with it. . .
This is where I started to think "What the heck did I get myself into"
But I did not get discouraged, I pushed on and learned how to use a lot of new tools
I also added some new phrases to my vocabulary including "thin-set" "rubber float" and "packing the joints". And here is the after:
A new backsplash of glass mosaic tile done by yours truly.
Now for the next project . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow!!! nice work! you're a pro now.