So we finally got Liam to give up his pacifier (which he calls a Nuk) on Monday night.
We told him that the Tooth Fairy would come and get his Nuks and bring them to crying babies who need them. So we wrapped them up and put them under the Christmas tree.
We thought this would be a horrible night and couple days for everyone involved, but it was the opposite. . . Liam did great! He asked for it a couple times but has gone to bed without it and without crying every night this week. Unfortunately, Liam seems to be giving up his daily 2 hour afternoon nap. Without the Nuk it's hard for him to relax in the middle of the day for a nap. After a few days without napping, he must have been exhausted because when I left for the grocery store, I drove half a mile and turned around and he had passed out:
Thanks to my Mom for meeting me at the grocery store so Liam could sleep while she sat in the car with him and I ran into the store.
Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment