Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mr. "I Do It"

So Liam's favorite phrase lately is "I Do It". No matter what the activity, from making dinner to brushing his teeth, to reading. He apparently thinks he can read - and I have not bought into the hoax on the infomercials that "Your Baby Can Read" - frankly I don't want a 2 year old who is smarter than me living under the same roof. Anyway, he sits in his chair in his room and "reads", when I try to read to him at night he says "No, I read" and he reads to me. While it's cute, he is obviously going to be quite independent as he gets older, which makes Mommy a little sad that she won't be as needed - then again, the slacker mom in me is a little relieved.
*side note - he does have more than one book - the bookcase is empty because he has pulled them all out and the books are all on the floor behind the ottoman :)

No comments: